Forest Fungi Correspondence Mushroom Cultivation Course
The Forest Fungi Correspondence Mushroom Cultivation Course is for anyone interested in learning how to cultivate mushrooms.
We have decided to offer our courses by correspondence. Why? Well not everyone can afford to travel to Forest Fungi mushroom cultivation courses, or set aside a weekend for a workshop.
When you sign up to do Forest Fungi’s course, you will learn how to grow the many different oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus sp.), Shiitakes (Lentinula edodes), Pioppino (Agrocybe aegetia), Reishi (Ganoderma sp.), and a host of other Saprophytic mushrooms.
Forest Fungi will teach you mushroom cultivation techniques including:
- cloning a store bought mushroom,
- building a simple still air box,
- making organic grain spawn,
- making your own sawdust spawn and dowel spawn,and;
- fruiting your mushrooms on logs, in buckets, bags, jars or even ceramic pots.
Forest Fungi will supply you with:
- 1 sachet of agar (enough to make 100 petri dishes),
- 30 petri dishes,
- 20 filter patch bags for grain spawn and fruiting,
- 12 cellulose filter discs
- 1 scalpel,
- 1 box alcowipes,
- 1 thermometer,
- 1 syringe,
6 different species of delicious gourmet mushroom cultures on pre made petri dish cultures, including:
- Oyster mushrooms such as: King, Blue, White, Yellow, Grey (Pleurotus sp.),
- Shiitakes (Lentinula edodes),
- Pioppino (Agrocybe aegerita), and;
- Nameko (Pholiota nameko).
Plus you will receive detailed notes, on-going on-line support, and access to our Culture Club, which gives you discounts on all our products.
To get the most out of this course, we recommend you purchase a pressure cooker. We use the All American 921, but any pressure cooker will do, the larger the better.
Please note: Forest Fungi make cultures fresh to order to increase vigour and viability. It takes around 1 - 3 weeks to inoculate cultures.