Forest Fungi specialise in gourmet mushroom cultivation courses, teaching beginners to advanced around Australia including: Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide. Will Borowski from Forest Fungi is Australia's longest provider of quality gourmet mushroom courses, conducting both face to face and online formats.
Forest Fungi deliver various courses teaching how to grow gourmet mushrooms in Australia to meet peoples diverse training needs, budget, time and/or learning preferences. Courses cover the essentials of low maintenance to high yield mushroom growing for all budgets, with an emphasis on techniques and tools to keep costs and complexity to a minimum. Forest Fungi mushroom courses can also assist aspiring mushroom farmers to set up small to medium enterprises – based on experience.
Fully Supported Gourmet Mushroom Correspondence Course
Forest Fungi are Australia's longest deliverer of provide correspondence courses in learning how to grow mushrooms so you can learn the art of growing your own delicious gourmet mushrooms at home, at your own pace.
We'll take you all the way from “cloning” a store bought mushroom, building a simple still air box, making organic grain spawn, making your own sawdust spawn and dowel spawn, right through to fruiting your mushrooms on logs, in buckets, bags, jars or ceramic pots.No need to wait for an upcoming Forest Fungi workshop and you will receive intensive one on one support from Will throughout your growing journey.You will learn how to grow the many different Oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus sp.), Shiitakes (Lentinula edodes), Pioppino (Agrocybe aegetia), Reishi (Ganoderma sp.) and a host of other Saprophytic mushrooms.
You will receive all the basic equipment and supplies needed to learn how to grow mushrooms at home including: agar, petri dishes, spawn bags, fruiting bags and six different species of delicious gourmet mushrooms on agar. Overseas these cultures alone would cost twice the price of this package.
You will also receive comprehensive course notes, ongoing support and ongoing discounts through exclusive membership to the Forest Fungi Culture Club.
Please note: To get the most out of this course, we recommend you purchase a pressure cooker. We use the All American 921, but any pressure cooker will do, the larger the better.
One Day Intensive: Hands on Fundamentals for Mushroom Cultivation
The Forest Fungi one day intensive hands on workshop learning how to grow gourmet mushrooms is great for people who want to learn to grow their own organic mushrooms in one day.
- We will take you through the basics of mushroom propagation, which can be adapted to many other varieties.
- Show you how to inoculate logs with dowels and spawn.
- Show you how to grow mushrooms on straw, coffee grounds and a host of other compostables.
- Students take home a raft of resources including cultures, fruiting bags and logs, knowledge, comprehensive course notes, ongoing support and ongoing discounts through membership to the Forest Fungi Culture Club.
- The one day course was specially designed for busy people who want to learn how to grow mushrooms but find it hard to set aside two full days of the precious weekend.
- Forest Fungi want to make sure our workshops are accessible for all mushroom enthusiasts, so we specially designed the one day workshop to be cheaper to get your growing for you, your friends and family or possibly the farmers market! You will still learn all the basic principles and receive resources to continue your growing journey when you get home.
- Partner discounts are available.
TWO DAY WORKSHOP: HOW TO GROW GOURMET MUSHROOMS
- Two day hands on workshop in learning how to grow your own edible mushrooms at home. People have also attended to learn how to set up a small scale mushroom enterprise for restaurants or the farmers market.
- An introduction to the Eumycota kingdom, mushroom foraging, mycorrizal relationships, integration of mycology into the five permaculture zones and more…many questions are asked which can lead down paths such as: Indigenous uses of fungi, mushroom growing cycles and the way they respond to natural climatic events.
- Learn how to grow delicious organic oyster, shiitake, enoki and other mushrooms at home.
- The courses have been specially developed for aspiring gourmet mushroom growers to learn how to grow mushrooms at home. You will take home gourmet mushroom cultures, grain, shiitake dowles, grain spawn, detailed course notes and most importantly, knowledge and an alumni of enthusiasts to keep connected after the course.
All attendees to Forest Fungi face to face and correspondence courses receive membership to the Forest Fungi Culture Club where you will receive exclusive access to harder to grow varieties, discounts on items and exclusive ongoing support from Will through the Culture Club facebook group.