18-19 May 2019: Gourmet mushroom training course in Margaret River
18-19 May 2019
The Forest Fungi Mushroom Cultivation Course, is a 2 day workshop for anyone interested in learning how to cultivate gourmet mushrooms.
When you complete Forest Fungi’s course, you will learn how to grow the many different (pink, gold, white, blue, king, brown and grey) oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus sp.), Shiitakes (Lentinula edodes), Pioppino (Agrocybe aegetia), Nameko (Phoiota nameko), Lions mane (Hericium coralloides), Reishi (Ganoderma sp.), Turkeys Tails (Trametes versicolor) and a host of other Saprophytic mushrooms.
We believe the best way to learn is to do, so you will be doing lots of hands on practicals over the 2 days. Forest Fungi will teach you all the steps of mushroom cultivation techniques, so you can understand the whole process, and start growing your own mushrooms at home.
- taking spore prints for identification and propagation
- cloning a store bought or wild foraged mushroom on a petri dish
- making liquid cultures
- building a simple still air box,
- using a laminar flow hood
- making organic grain spawn,
- making your own sawdust spawn and dowel spawn,and;
- fruiting mushrooms on logs, in buckets, bags, jars or even ceramic pots.
- Oyster mushrooms such as: King, Blue, Pink, White, Yellow, Grey (Pleurotus sp.),
- Shiitakes (Lentinula edodes),
- Pioppino (Agrocybe aegerita), and;
- Nameko (Pholiota nameko).
- Lions Mane (Hericium coralloides)
Plus you will receive detailed notes, on-going on-line support, and access to our Culture Club, which gives you discounts on all our products.
You will also get to take home your own shiitake log that you inoculate with dowel spawn on the course! (or take the dowels home if you fly in).
Two People Special: we have a special offer, two people can attend, share resources and receive a discount - two people for $700.
About your teacher
Will Borowski is a passionate mushroom grower and teacher, who started Forest Fungi back in 2008 to help spread the joy and wonder of growing mushrooms. He now supplies Australia's top restaurants and chefs with the highest quality organic gourmet mushrooms, as well as continuing to share his knowledge and enthusiasm to others, both on the farm, and at venues around Australia. More about Will Borowski here.
See some student testimonials here. https://forestfungi.com.au/pages/testimonials
VENUE: Fair Harvest Farm, Margaret River
Further details will be emailed prior to the course
Morning Tea, lunch and snacks will be provided. Students are encouraged to bring all weather clothing, such as: hats, sunscreen, jacket and long pants.